Got the travel bug? Hop on a plane overseas to (or just daydream about!) these beautiful places, recently rounded up by Harper’s Bazaar:
– Hugging the coast through a succession of idyllic small towns like Positano, this eye-opening seaside escape in Italy offers postcard views at every turn.
– With its turquoise lagoons, coral reefs and overwater bungalows, this French Polynesian island is heaven on Earth.
Fiordland National Park
– In early winter, fields of purple bloom across this park on the South Island of New Zealand, home to the breathtaking Milford Sound.
The Forbidden City
– One of the most beautifully-preserved examples of ancient Chinese architecture, The Forbidden City in Beijing has served as the imperial palace for five centuries.
(in Cherry Blossom Season) – Cherry blossoms steal the scene during blooming season, making it an ideal time to visit the Land of the Rising Sun.
– A popular beach destination on the west coast of southern Thailand, Krabi is dotted with limestone cliffs and hundreds of islands just offshore in the Andaman Sea.
– Located at the foot of the Atlas Mountains in Morocco, Marrakesh has changed little since the Middle Ages. Wander through maze-like alleyways and discover the city's souks, palaces and gardens.
– The hillside town at the far tip of Santorini in Greece boasts brilliant sunsets, accommodations built into the cliffs, and magnificent views of the Aegean sea.
– This southern India state is home to most of the country's major Hindu temples, including the Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple and the Meenakshi Temple Complex.
Torres del Paine National Park
– Truly off the grid, this park in the Patagonia region of Chile features jaw-dropping mountain views from every angle.
Which of these locales makes your list?
Published with permission from RISMedia.